Kenneth Gary Ruttenberg
Founder & Managing Partner
You may reach attorney Ruttenberg at: E-mail
Ken Ruttenberg is the founder of The Ruttenberg Law Firm, P.C.. He is an experienced and seasoned civil litigator in a broad range of legal areas including employment, construction and personal injury.
In 2014 through 2020, Ken was selected to the list of Southern California Super Lawyers, a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Fewer than five percent of attorneys receive the Super Lawyers recognition. From 2015 through 2020, Ken was named among the Top 100 Southern California Super Lawyers. Ken is also an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® attorney (the highest designation an attorney can earn nationwide).
He is admitted to practice before all courts of the State of California and the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. Ken prosecutes and defends cases on an hourly basis and, in the right cases, handles plaintiffs’ claims on a contingent basis. Ken has obtained many substantial recoveries on behalf of his clients over the past few years.
- Represented former employee of clothing company who was subjected to same-sex harassment (female-female). Our client was forced to engage in sexual activities as a condition to her continued employment. She was also misclassified by her former employer as an independent contractor, and was denied overtime compensation and meal and rest breaks. Through our aggressive representation, we settled this case for $250,000 without the necessity of a lawsuit.
- Represented former employee of Orange County construction company who was subjected to sexual advances and inappropriate comments by owner. Case settled for $350,000 before filing of any lawsuit.
- Represented client in connection with claims of same-sex harassment, physical assault, and constructive termination against media services company. Case settled for $1.5 million.
- Represented former employee of national escrow company who was terminated while on disability leave. We filed suit for disability discrimination and failure to accommodate. Shortly before trial, we achieved a settlement of $200,000.
- Represented former employee of manufacturing company who was subjected to sexual harassment by her immediate supervisor, including groping, fondling and other sexual conduct. We settled this case at private mediation for $313,000.
- Represented employee of international broadcasting company who was terminated after complaining of sexual advances and inappropriate conduct by her immediate supervisor (same-sex harassment). We settled this case for $250,000 in a private mediation without having to file a lawsuit.
- Represented nurses in a class action against hospital for failing to provide meal and rest breaks and overtime wages. Case settled for more than $1.5 million.
- Represented former employee of a non-profit foundation who was wrongfully terminated after complaining that employer was engaging in unlawful conduct. We achieved a settlement for $550,000 shortly before trial.
- Represented former employee of engineering consulting firm who was terminated for refusing to continue a romantic relationship with her supervisor, who was the vice president of the firm. We settled this case during a private mediation for $275,000 without having to file a lawsuit.
- Pelton-Shepherd, etc. v. Delta Packaging Products, Inc. (2008) 165 Cal.App.4th 1568; Epic Medical, etc. v. Paquette (2015) 2015 Cap.App. LEXIS 1193