Dedicated Lawyers Protect Victims of Sexual Threats and Intimidation from Continuing Harassment in Los Angeles
Serving clients in California since 2001
While many employees comprehend that persistent lewd comments and unwanted sexual advances constitute sexual harassment, few understand that they don’t have to endure this behavior. At The Ruttenberg Law Firm, PC, we have the legal knowledge and experience to help you understand and protect your rights. With diligent, professional service and a comprehension of harassment claims from both sides of the aisle, we are the attorneys of choice for employees in California who are seeking a just outcome.
Sexual threats and intimidation in the workplace
When a supervisor or employee threatens you or intimidates you into granting sexual favors, grounds for a sexual harassment claim are present. In many cases, after an act of harassment, the offender intimidates the victim into keeping quiet about the incident. At The Ruttenberg Law Firm, PC, we offer straightforward representation to victims of sexual threats and intimidation in the workplace. These threats can encompass:
- Verbal threats and intimidation
- Sabotage from co-workers, such as threatening to spread rumors or share false information that will get you fired
- Termination threats from supervisors, such as threatening you with a poor performance review if you report harassment or do not grant sexual favors
Humiliation and exposure of sexual materials to fellow employees
When a co-worker or supervisor humiliates or threatens to humiliate a victim, a hostile work environment is created. This has negative employment effects, including resignations, loss of income, and severe emotional and physical distress. Our attorneys are diligent in obtaining justice for you for all types of workplace humiliation, including:
- Threats to divulge harmful information about you if you do not agree to the act of harassment or threaten to report it.
- The act of snickering at or spreading rumors about your body, sexual preferences, partners or other aspects of your protected class to others
- The disclosure of sexual material to co-workers or superiors, including your text messages, emails, private sexual photos or videos, or other relevant private possessions.
Retaliatory termination resulting from a sexual harassment complaint
California law provides for employment relationships to be “at will”— an employer or employee may end the relationship for any reason and without the threat of subsequent liability. However, when an employer or supervisor uses employment termination as a threat, it is grounds for a harassment claim. Furthermore, an employee who is terminated for reporting harassment can file a lawsuit for wrongful termination.
Helping employees obtain the relief they need through diligent, skillful representation
When your job — or physical and emotional health — is on the line, you can rely on The Ruttenberg Law Firm, PC to protect you from harassment. We offer our services on a contingency fee basis, meaning there are no fees until we win. To learn more about how we can assist in your case, contact us online or call (310) 979-7080 today for a free initial consultation.